These first three guarantee success. I suspect you can work yourself into it… or settle for a living and life without going all the way. In my study the last ten years the three common components most often said to be required for success in any business are:
- It must be something you are beyond passionate about bordering on obsession.
- A passion and thirst for knowledge in the industry and business you are in.
- You must be unique and an expert in your marketplace.
If it’s worth doing is worth doing badly to begin. Also you won’t know if it is you looking in through the window. Try something. Risk some of your time and a little treasure to discover a possible new path.
You will need a simple business plan. I like this three-step version.
- Build and add to your prospect list daily. Add them without judgment. Assign 0 to 5 points to each prospect based on your sense of them. Add a point for each:
1. Do they have financial ability to participate, join or purchase your item?
2. Are they ambitious?
3. Do they act as if they want more out of life?
4. Are they dissatisfied with some aspect of their life, to the point they would be willing to do something about it? What is it?
5. Do they have a good self-image?
- Invite them to watch a short presentation third party tool asking for their impression. Do all your four and five pointers from #1 first. Schedule a follow up. They will be a one, a two or a three.
- Follow up for their impression. Give the ones more information or have someone call them with details for how to sign up. Setup the two’s for purchasing the product or service they are interested in buying. Thank the three’s for their impression and their time. Depending on their demeanor, you may ask them what it would take them to change to a one or a two.
Repeat the above as often as required.
All that is left is to practice the three “P’s” Practice, Persistence and Patience.
Now go watch How a 17 yr old earned $4K in 25 days! and let me know your impression!